Hey girl have you tried getting rid of acne at home but failed many times? Are you tired of getting pimples just before a house party you are about to host?or are you exhausted of trying to clear it out a day before an important conference.Are you sick of getting acne everytime your cycle is close??Then calm down girl!you are at the right page.
What is an acne?
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition that turn into spots or pimples later on various parts of your face ,sometimes on your shoulder ,back or even neck.To sum up, pimples and whiteheads,blackheads etc are itself one type of acne.
They often leave spots and scars after they heal which roughens your skin and ofcourse doesn’t look good.Afterall,many a times they are painful too.
Why does acne occur ?
See there are many reasons why they actually pop up on your skin .To name few,
- Generally acne becomes frequent while a girl starts nearing to puberty or as you may have observed when you have your cycle close.
- If you are under stress also you may find acne on your face frequently.
- another most common reason is some kind of allergy.( Think If you have changed your skin care product recently or some of its ingredients does not suit to your face).
- Working in a dusty and polluted environment also can increase changes of your acnes popping up.
- If your are under medication which causes persistent hormonal imbalances,then also you are prone to acnes.
- In many cases genetic origin has also been termed for frequent acnes.
- They occur mostly when the level of male hormone androgen(oil stimulating hormone both in male and females) rises in the female beyond a certain level.
- If you have underlying disorders such as PCOS(Poly cystic ovary condition) ,then too you are prone to acne owing to hormonal imbalances.
How do acnes form ?
Acnes involve the sebaceous or oil glands underneath your skin.These glands are primarily stimulated by the adrenal gland both in males and females which is why acnes occur.
The hair follicles above these glands become clogged or get contaminated by bacteria(Propionobacterium acne) at times due to the above reasons.Oil ,sebum,dead skin gets clogged together and as soon as the clogged plug breaks down there is an acne popping up the next day.
So being acknowledged to the above facts,lets move on to 10 most effective ways to cure acnes at home.
1. Your morning saliva :
The best way which I have always tried ,tested and verified is using your morning saliva.Salive is acidic while you eat food which helps in digestion and its basic with pH above 7 while you are resting.saliva has got medicinal properties which is why animals mostly lick their wounds or a cut to heal it faster. next time you see an acne on your face donot forget to take a drop of morning saliva from your mouth and apply it on the spot.You will definitely see it healing.Thank me later,girl
YES!you got it right aloevera is the most versatile and medicinal plant which you can use for several purposes which I shall discuss in my other posts.For now ,just understand that aloevera has both antifungal and antibacterial property which serves your purpose.
Trust me on this,just Apply a gentle aloevera gel or simply cut open its leaves and apply the gel on the spot.It will not only clean your face but also make your pimple vanish .Remember to use a aloe formulation with atleast 10% of aloe gel.You can get the best aloe gel here.
3.Honey for acnes:
This is the nature’s best gift with loaded medicinal properties.The beautiful bees that make it add in to lots of medicinal value along with their love sealed in just for you.So,the next time an acne bothers you just take few drops of it on a cotton pad and rub it on the spot.Alternatively ,you can add it with a face pack and apply on your skin.Remember to buy an authentic honey formulation to get effective results.Check this out too.
4.Tea tree oil:
Tea tree has antibacterial,antiinflamamtory properties just like that of aloevera.Since acnes are a caused due to bacteria P.acnes ,therefore there was a hypothesis that tea tree oil can result in healing of acnes.And according to a eview conducted in 2015 the hypothesis has been proven right.There are evidences where tea tree has reduced acne sores of people suffering from mild to moderate acne problem.
Searching for your share of tea tree,find your queries here.
This is yet another quick home remedy.Similarly crush 2-3 tablets of aspirin and make a paste of it with water .Apply this paste on your ances.Isnt it quick and simple.Get your aspirin here.
This is yet another gift of nature and the best remedies for many skin diseases such as scratches,cuts,wounds,skin itching problems and most importantly ,this too is anti bacterial and anti inflammatory in nature.Just apply it on your acne with a cotton pad before going to bed and see the change in the morning.This gives you relive from its pain and swelling particulary.
Try making coconut oil at your home,that is more medicinal.
BE very careful if you have oily skin,this remedy may not suit you.Try the others.
7. Green tea:
Not tea,but the green tea.Apart from having lovely health benefits ,it is packed with anti inflammatory and anti bacterial property both of which are necessary for healing your acnes.Just brew a pack of green tea and remove it from heat ,once boiled.Let it cool down and then spot it on your pimple.
Effectiveness of this method is though limited yet according to a study 79-89 percent of black heads and white head(types of acne) have been healed with polyphenol green tea extract.
Indian sandalwood or chandan is the base of yet another number of medicines as well as it finds it place in majority of cosmetics and face packs.So the next time there is this demon,simply make a paste out of sandalwood or get a sandalwood powder mix it with a pack of multanimitti and little water.Apply this on the acne for multiple times and let it dry before you wipe this with a wet cloth.
This will not only soothe your skin but also reduce your acne ache .
According to a study conducted with 133 people who wear given clay mask with jojoba oil,reported better healing and relieve from acnes after using this mask for 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks.
The waxy substance contained in jojoba oil is believed to reduce acne pain,redness around pimples,and inflammation too.Use jojoba oil with a face mask or cream,or simply wipe the acne gently with cotton pad.
If you are in deep pain and irritation because of these tiny yet monstrous demons ,simply walk to the refrigerator at your place ,pull out an ice cube and rub it on your face.This removes dirt from your face,reduces tan and helps healing acnes owning to its soothing nature.It will surely relieve your acne pain.
When should you see a doctor?
There are 3 types of acne with respect to severity .
This type of acne is commonly faced by almost every women once or more in her lifetime.And all the above mentioned remedies will surely work for this level of severity
Alternatively you can use various oils,gels,creams,facewashes etc designed for treating mild acne.
Both stage 2 and 3 would definitely need a doctor.For most women moderate acne problems can be put into control if the above remedies are regualarly used.But for severe acne problems which tend to stay forever on your face,a physician advice is a must.
Your physician may advice you oral contraceptives to put your male hormones under control or corticosteroid injection which prevents scars and aids in quick heeling of the acne (cyst) which forms large bumps on face.Oral antibiotics such as tetracycline can also be administered depending on the severity.
Either ways,remember if condition worsens then do visit a physician instead of taking unnecessary medications yourself.
Preventives and Precautions to be taken for acnes:
- Remember never burst your pimples.This leads to deeper scars.
- Refrain from heavy makeup if your skin is acne prone.Choose your products wisely depending on your skin texture.
- Donot change your skin care products regularly.You may be allergic to some and that way you will just increase your chances of an acne showing up the next day.
- If you have acnes on your face,donot wash face more than 2twice a day with a mild soap or facewash recommended mostly for acnes.
- Clean your hands before touching your face if you are acne prone
- Avoid excess sun exposure since it leads to increased sebum production.
- In case you work at dirty and polluted place more often,take special care of your skin.Drap some nose mask or cloth and ensure least exposure to pollution,After you return back from work wipe your face using a mild toner and then wash your face with a recommended facewash.
- Stay stress free and maintain a healthy diet.Zinc supplements have shown better results in controlling acne.
- Keep cleaning your specs regularly to avoid collection of sebum and dead skin on it.
- If you have acnes in parts other than your face,then never wear a tight or fitting cloth.Rely on loose clothes for relief.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)about acnes
All pimples are acnes but all acnes are not pimples.it is a pus filled pustule type of acne which has a red base.
Frankly speaking, making your acne vanish overnight is till a debated topic.But you can go through the article,they help you get rid of acnes quickly.For better results try morning saliva technique.
There are multiple answers to the question.Go through the article and the best thing you can do to avoid pimples is to be stress free ,protect face from pollution,keep your face clean and use a recommended facewash for acnes.
A real good question.Personally I have never tried this trick but yes toothpaste has menthol which gives a tingly feeling to reduce pain permanently.Also certain compounds such as baking soda may help it drying up but overdrying may be even more dangerous. You can learn more about this from here.
yes honey products and honey if used along with face masks can relieve mild to moderate acnes.But for severe ones you are advised to visit your physician.
Get to read my own story here